Banner Banner Banner Banner

Enrolment / Intake Area

Students Inside the Local Intake Area
In the majority of instances enrolling your child is done through the primary school your child is currently attending within the district.  Enrolment information is distributed to primary schools in Term 1 of each year.  Parents are required to complete an application form and send it to Melville SHS for processing.

Parents wishing to enrol students after the school term/year has commenced need to fill out an application for enrollment and then make an appointment with the school to discuss their circumstances. If students do not live within the local intake area, please ring first, as the school currently has no vacancies in any year group.

New students intending to enroll in Year 7 must have their completed enrolment application in by the last day of term 2. Late and incomplete enrolment applications may miss subject selection, parent evenings and transition day. 

Ring reception to have an enrolment form sent in the mail on 6274 1300 or drop into reception to fill out the paperwork. You will also need:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Latest school report
  • Proof of address
  • Immunisation papers
  • Immigration papers and details if not a permanent resident

Students Outside the Local Intake Area

Students that live outside the local intake area are welcome to fill out an enrolment application. Entry will be gained if there is a vacancy once local area students have enrolled. Gifted and Talented, Approved Specialist Program students and Intensive English students do not have to live in the area.

A map of the area can be found HERE

Approved Specialist Programs

Students can attend Melville Senior High School from outside the local intake area if they are accepted into any one of our Specialist Programs. See Specialist Program options on the home page and download a copy of the school prospectus or alternatively contact the school for further assistance on 6274 1300.

Gifted and Talented Secondary Selective Entrance Program

For information about our Gifted and Talented program, please click here.
Information regarding the Gifted and Talented program can also be obtained from the Department of Education website HERE:

Years 7 to 10

Voluntary Contributions
These funds relate to monies requested from parents towards the cost of materials, services and facilities used by the students in the educational program.  Based on choice of subjects, the voluntary contribution will not exceed $235.00.

These monies are compulsory. They relate to optional activities chosen by the student or parent that include high cost components. Participation in these components is voluntary, but a charge is payable if the student opts to participate.

Years 11 and 12
Compulsory Charges apply to all courses in Years 11 and 12

Financial Assistance
Education program Allowance
The WA Department of Education provides an allowance to assist eligible families with secondary schooling costs. Parents/Guardians who hold one of the following cards are eligible to apply for this assistance:
•    Centrelink Family Health Care Card
•    Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
•    Veteran’s Affairs Pensioner Concession Card

Application forms are only available from Melville SHS and the school recommends that applications be completed as soon as possible.  Schools must submit completed and witnessed applications forms to the Schools Resourcing Branch in Central Office.

Application Deadline – The last day of Term 1


Contact Details

Reception: (08) 6274 1300
Absentee hotline (recorded message): (08) 6274 1322
Student Services Office: (08) 6274 1321
Absentee text line: 0419 915 097
Address: Melville Senior High School
Potts Street
Melville Western Australia 6156