Flawless Independent Public School Four Yearly Review
As an Independent Public School, Melville SHS recently had a four yearly review. The Department of Education Services’ review findings had many highlights and commendations and here are a few highlights:
• The school takes the wellbeing of students very seriously.
• Caring and supportive environment
• Motivated staff.
• Drive to improve student learning.
• Student achievement compared to national, State and like schools that places the school above average in all target areas.
• Close links to the community
• Strong emphasis on specialist subjects for academically gifted.
• Strategies to improve the quality of teaching.
• Comprehensive and detailed self-review.
• Wide range of specialist programs offering state-of the-art innovative curricula.
• Rigorous use of evidence-based data to improve student performance.
• Innovative approach to educational ideas.
• Prepared for the new intake of Year 7 students in 2015
• Excellent academic and non-academic program.
• Ultimate focus on improving student learning.
• Effective communication.
• In a good position to sustain and improve its performance.
The full review can be found on the website in the drop down tab: About Us / An Independent Public School