Great ATAR Results for our students
Congratulations to our three students achieved an ATAR of 99+:
Pradhan, Sahil 99.70
Finn, Anatalisha Nastasia 99.15
Imani, Dorsan Anisa 99.00
Also the students who achieved an ATAR of 95+
Chung, Chanho 96.25
Hayes, Sean Patrick 97.35
Hu, Yating 96.20
Kahandawela, Arachchige Kasuni Himar 96.20
Kouzinas, Gemma Ashelle 96.50
Na, Yuri 96.15
Wickham, Maximillian 97.15
- 100% of students were awarded the West Australian Certificate of Education (WACE).
- Our ATAR participation rate was 61% (the 10th best for a public school in the state) and our Certificate (VET) participation rate was 65%.
- 90% of participating students achieved an ATAR of 55+ (i.e. the minimum university entrance qualification).
- 100% of participating students completed a Certificate 2 and/or 3 (i.e. an appropriate VET qualification).
- 99.4% of students attained an ATAR of 55+ and/or a Cert 2+ (referred to as Attainment). This was the second highest attainment rate in the state.
- The Median ATAR of 78.60 was the 14th best for a public school in the state (NB: our ‘Like Public Schools’ Median ATAR was 76.3 and the ‘All Public Schools’ Median ATAR was 76).
- We ranked 15th in the ‘Top 50 WACE Public Schools’ League Table for the number of students with a score of 75%+ (26% of students had 1 or more scaled score of 75+).
- We ranked equal 1st in the ‘Top 50 VET Schools – Achievement’ League Table for 100% of participating students completing a Certificate 2 or 3.
- Melville SHS students were the highest performing in the State in: Accounting, Design and Health Studies.
- Melville SHS students performed above their potential in the following WACE Examination Courses: Accounting, Chemistry, Math and Physics.
Three students awarded Assured Entry for Graduate Medicine at UWA: Anatalisha Finn, Sahil Pradhan and Himara Kahandawela.
- Three students were accepted into WAAPA: Maximillian Wickham (Jazz), Sean Hayes (Classical) and Oliver Toole (Contemporary). Oliver has also been asked to audition for the Performing Arts Perspectives held at the Perth Concert Hall, as one of the highest achieving candidates in the practical performance WACE exam.
- Gemma Kouzinas has won a SCSA certificate of distinction for being in the top 0.5% of the state in Health studies inccluding a $20,000 scholarship to study at Curtin University.
- Samantha Crane has won a $25,000 scholarship to study Chinese
ATAR Performance Snapshot:
- 34% of students achieved an ATAR in the top 33% of whole state with 35% of students in the middle 33% and 32% of students in the bottom 33%
- 3% of our students achieved an ATAR of 99+ (i.e. in the top 1% of the state): Sahil Pradhan, Anatalisha Finn and Dorsan Imani
- 10% of our students achieved an ATAR of 95+ (i.e. in the top 5% of the state):Chanho Chung, Yating Hu, Arachchige Kahandawela, Sean Hayes, Gemma Kouzinas, Yuri Na, Max Wickham
- 23% of our students achieved an ATAR of 90+ (i.e. in the top 10% of the state)
- 45% of our students achieved an ATAR of 80+ (i.e. in the top 20% of the state)
- 68% of our students achieved an ATAR of 70+ (i.e. in the top 30% of the state)
- Three (3) students achieved an ATAR of 99+ and gained entry into the state’s exclusive “99 Club”.
- An additional seven (7) students achieved an ATAR of 95 – 98.99 and gained entry into the Melville SHS “95 Club”.
- One (1) student received a School Curriculum and Standards Authority Certificate of Distinction (for ranking in the top 0.5 of all candidates).
- Four (4) students received a School Curriculum and Standards Authority Certificate of Commendation (for achieving 20+ A Grades in Course Units).